YOU CAN STRENGTHEN CHILD NUTRITION BY BECOMING AN MSNA & SNA MEMBER
MAINE SCHOOL NUTRITION
Our goal is to provide healthy meals and promote nutrition education to Maine’s school children. Dedicated to our mission of making sure that no Maine child goes hungry, we dream of providing universal feeding for all school-offered meals. We are the primary source of child nutrition information statewide and want to see every school represented and supported by a high level of leadership. Consider becoming a member of Maine School Nutrition Association and teaming up with us to ensure the health and wellness of Maine’s youth.
CHEFS MOVE TO SCHOOLS
– In leading efforts which promote quality child nutrition programs for all children
– All children have a right to equal access to child nutrition programs
– Quality nutrition programs are an integral part of the education process
– In being responsive to the needs of our members
– In respecting the commitments and effort of all school food service professionals
– That all persons involved in school food service should have the opportunity for growth and development
– In leadership that fosters a sense of ownership of child nutrition programs
– In the benefits derived from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
– In financial responsibility within child nutrition programs
Trump Administration Extends Free Meals for Kids for Entire School Year
(Mt. Wolf, PA, October 9, 2020) – U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced today that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is extending flexibilities to allow free meals to continue to be available to all children throughout the entire 2020-2021 school year. This unprecedented move is part of USDA’s unwavering commitment to ensuring all children across America have access to nutritious food as the nation recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
311 Members Strong!
You can strengthen child nutrition by becoming an MSNA & SNA Member!