Plan of Action: 2016 - 2017
- Professional Development Goal
- Increase awareness of resources and opportunities through MSNA to enable members to meet professional standards.
- Utilize social media as a platform to increase and promote current and future programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with DOE to promote MSNA at state sponsored Child Nutrition meeting and trainings.
- Align trainings with Professional Standards.
- Promote outside resources such as SNA, USDA, and the Institute of Child Nutrition.
Responsibility: Education Committee
2. Advocacy and Public Image
- Increase the recognition of school nutrition programs as integral in the education process.
- Utilize allied agencies to increase and promote public awareness on health and nutrition topics.
- Contact local, state and national officials to share MSNA positions and to gain support, as well as to educate them on the successes and challenges of school nutrition programs.
- Provide access to toolkits, links and public relations materials.
- Provide information to members and the public on state and national issues.
Responsibility: Communications Committee
- Remove barriers to participation on SNA activities by anyone interested in school nutrition.
- Reach out to every director or key stakeholder in every district in Maine.
- Support new directors through mentoring
- Provide information on and promote District Memberships.
- Promote and educate people on the value of Membership with Maine School Nutrition Association.
Responsibility: Membership Committee
- Increase funding.
- Increase recruitment and development of future SNA leaders.
- Chapter Style Meeting – Lunch & Learn (1 meeting at least)– Regional Meetings
- Look at different revenue opportunities – move money to different accounts.
2016-2017 Plan of Action – Jeanne Reilly
Developed at National Leadership Conference April 2016